Welcome to the ASF Buildbot Instance. Projects are welcome to sign up to have their projects make use of Buildbot.
A summary of just some of the things the ASF Buildbot can do for your project:
- Perform per commit build & test runs for your project
- Not just svn! - Buildbot can pull in from your Git/Mercurial branches too!
- Build and Deploy your website to a staging area for review
- Build and Deploy your website to mino (people) for syncing live
- Automatically Build and Deploy Snapshots to Nexus staging area.
- Create Nightly and historical zipped/tarred snapshot builds for download
- Builds can be triggered manually from within your own freenode #IRC Channel
- An IRCBot can report on success/failures of a build instantly
- Build Success/Failures can go to your dev/notification mailing list
- Perform multiple builds of an svn/git commit on multiple platforms asyncronously
- ASF Buildbot uses the latest RAT build to check
for license header issues for all your files.
- RAT Reports are published live instantly to ci.apache.org/$project/rat-report.[xml|html]
- As indicated above, source xml or html versions of RAT reports are published.
- [Coming Soon] - RAT Reports sent to your dev list, only new failures will be listed.
- [Coming Soon] - Email a patch with inserted ASL 2.0 Headers into your failed files!!
- Buildbot has Ubuntu 10.4.x (LTS), Windows Server 2008 Slaves
- *NEW* - Newly added Solaris and FreeBSD 8 slaves
- *NEW* - Windows 7 Slave
- *NEW* - OSX Apple XServe Slave
- *NEW* - OpenBSD Slave
- *NEW* - 4th Dedicated Ubuntu Slave (on Hemera our new donated HP Host)
Help is always on hand on the builds.at.apache.org mailing list for any problems or build configuration issues/requests. Or try the #asftest channel on irc.freenode.net for live support.
So now you want your project to use Buildbot? No problem, best way is to file a Jira Ticket. and count to 10 (well maybe a bit longer but it wont be long before you are up and running).